HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMANDA

There's been an extra washer & dryer on the porch since we moved in the end of January. Friends of ours house burned down & they were going to need them. So we held on to them until they were ready for them! Yay for Mark & Mary Beth - they moved this past weekend & Mark's son & friend came for the appliances!

With those gone, we no longer have an excuse not to continue with the painting! Hubby took adavantage of the good weather & was able to replace the attic door. All in just a few hours! He's my home repair super hero!

Other than that, not much got done on the cozy little cabin this past weekend, after-all - it was Mother's Day weekend! AND my daughter's birthday! She was born on Mother's Day - how wonderful is that? I can't imagine ever getting a more wonderful MD gift than that - - - but I wouldn't care if hubby at least tried!

Amanda wanted an homemade cheesecake & can you believe it? I've never made one? I've made plenty of blender cheesecakes - but never a homemade, bake in the oven cheesecake. I have to admit - it turned out pretty good for my first try.

Here's a collage of Saturday & Sunday, using bighugelabs.com Mosaic Maker.

Have a great Monday & I'll be back later!!!

13 comments:

  1. I love the photo collage! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I lost your email address, and didn't see it here. Just wanted to let you know you're featured on Welcome Wagon Friday. It is Thursday afternoon and the post is now published.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi and Welcome. I am here via Cozy Little House. My blog is Cozy Blanket.
    My daughter's birthday was May 11. She wasn't born on Mothers Day but sometimes it falls on that day.
    Can't wait to read more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vera! It's a pleasure to meet you! Brenda, our official Welcome Wagon Lady, sent me over to meet you. We already have something in common, I have never baked a cheesecake either. I'm a lot like Rachel Ray. I love to cook, but don't bake very much. I am your newest follower. I hope that you will come and visit me too!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to blogging Vera! Your blog is beautiful and inspiring! I just found you over at Brenda's and I'm glad I stopped by.

    Come by and say Hello anytime! ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mosaic. It celebrate life!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great mosaic.
    You know I don't think I have ever made a 'real' cheesecake either.

    Enjoyed visiting,

    laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great mosaic! I usually make "real" cheescake as I don't find that it's really more ingredients than a boxed one. Glad yours turn out well!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Vera! Having lived through a fire about a year and a half ago, it does my heart good to hear that you were willing to keep the appliances for your friend's. That's what true friends do and I know they appreciate more than words can say.

    Stop by Kaufman's Cottage anytime!

    Many Blessings,
    M.

    PS - The cheesecake looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy happy birthday! What a great name your daughter has :-D So glad you stopped by my blog today, yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vera!
    (Cheesecake looks great!) Thanks for popping over to Recaptured Charm. I left an answer to your question back in the comment section. I didn't have an email address for you.

    Happy birthday to your daughter!
    Thanks again
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting my blog. I got those glass pots at Hobby Lobby, but Michael's also has them. They are votives for 99 cents each. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on that cheesecake...and isn't it the best to spend time with family like that?? :)

    ReplyDelete