Mother's Day 2012. . . . late edition!

Well, it's taken me long enough, but here are a few shots from Mother's Day 2012.  We had a great dinner here at the Cozy Little Cabin.  We also celebrated Amanda's birthday which was earlier in the week.  She was born on Mother's Day and it has become a tradition for us to eat Rib Eye steaks!  So that's what we had this year: Grilled Rib-eyes, shrimp, baked potato, carrot raisin salad and Lemon Tarts.  But alas, I don't recall us singing Happy Birthday to Amanda . . . but we DID sing it on Thursday when we went out to eat!  
Christiy (who is like a daughter to me) Me, & the best daughter a mother could want, Amanda


What a blessing to have my 90 year old mom celebrate with us.  




My husband, Murray.  Amanda's husband, David.  And Christiy's husband, Tim.


But without a doubt, her favorite of all who were here, is my husband.  He can do no wrong!!!!!
I guess that's a good thing and much better than her not liking him.
See how tickled she it?  She adores him!


Until later,

Vera



10 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Vera! I love the delight on you Mom's face! (Wish I still had my Mom) Just found your lovely blog, and I'm a new follower...So nice to meet you!
    Best,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Anne (w/an "e") ;) I'll soon make a trip to your blog, too!

      Delete
  2. Great pictres. Your Mama is so cute. Sweet that your hubby is her favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debby. She is a real joy and we are VERY happy that she's smitten w/my hubby!

      Delete
  3. Your daughter chose the perfect time to be born! Makes that celebration even more special, doesn't it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures turned out great!! :) And Grandma looks so happy with Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Grandma has one of those faces with a permanent pleasant (almost smiling) look on her face. And Vera, you are a lot like her in that regard. Happy late Mother's Day. Thank you for the stellar man you churned out with Simon. The kids and I would herald your name at the city gate if one were readily available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank YOU, Mrs. Smith, for appreciating that fine husband of yours! It's hard to believe - but there are some who do not.

      Hmmmm - I'll have to do an internet search for "city gate" 'cause I think it's a cool idea you have!

      Happy Mom's Day to you, too, the mother of the greatest kids on earth!

      Delete